Friday, September 02, 2005

Secret Garden

This is for all the girls who haven't found what they're dreaming of yet. Hope, believe and remember that if you trust God, He will bring to you the desires of your heart and far beyond. Wait on the Lord for what he has for you. You won't be disappointed. Remember too that just because you haven't been picked yet, it doesn't mean that something is broken or wrong, it means the Lord loves you and is keeping you. Believe me, I know it's hard to believe it sometimes, but it's true.

Your Flower

I am a flower in your garden
Only you've never seen me
You don't know my name
I am waiting for you to find me
I am waiting to be picked
Only you don't know I am here

Your Gardener planted me
He watches over me
Protects me from the hot sun and the bugs
Hewaters my roots
He keeps me from growing wild and overgrown
He is preparing me, purning me
Only you've never seen me

Your Gardener has hidden me away from everyone to see
My beauty is not for others
He has built for me an arbor of safty
I am the Prized portion of your garden
Only you've never seen me

One day OUR gardener will bring you
And show you what He has made
Only when my roots are deep
Only when He has made me perfect for you
I am a flower in your garden
Only you've never seen me
---Leah Blake

5 Comments:

Blogger David Killough said...

HEY LEAH!!!

That was beautiful. Well written. However I don't think it applies just to the ladies. I've found myself asking similar questions before. E-mail me at david@killough.net so I can give you my cell# or so you can give me yours ok!

4:54 AM  
Blogger Luke said...

That was seriously cool Leah! Righteous! Righteous!

6:25 AM  
Blogger Luke said...

Hey, thanks a million for getting a blog. I feel so special now...really. Anyway, I have to get to the last of 3 Slow, painful, and boring classes the red cross put on for this thing. I will cya later though. BTW...how's the fam doing?

6:28 AM  
Blogger DrLeah said...

Thanks guys! It's hard sometimes to not want to settle for something else sometimes, but in the back of my mind I know that's exactly what I would be doing. I'm a silly girl, maybe, but I believe that true love exists. I am not willing to settle for anything less than what the Lord has for me. I know it won't be perfect, but it will be right--meaning a perfect fit for each other. Our culture doesn't understand that at all. Anyway, you're right David. Don't give up hope!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Luke said...

Hey Leah, sorry I missed your calls last night...you caught me in the middle of driving one time, and patient care the next...I'm going dove hunting with a friend tonight, so maybe I can call you when I'm done. later, LK

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home